Part of the FatManWriting Family

Monday, September 23, 2013

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is Good But Fatal Flaw Will Kill It

I did like Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It was mildly entertaining, but for a sitcom to set the premise for the series while still telling a story is not easy. They succedded in doing it in last week's debut, but I still don't see this show lasting. Why? Because it has one fatal flaw.

Andy Samberg--the show's lead.


The cast of characters in this comedy is great. Together these guys are pretty funny, but the problem the show is going to have is that the lead character in it--Samberg's part--is not funny. If the lead in a comedy is not funny I don't think think that comedy can survive.

That being said, I do think this one will last for a season if not a little more, but that is only because of one thing. FOX's other new sitcom--Dads--is terrible.

Please prove me wrong Andy. I like the show, but I can't justify watching a show that has to make up for its lead as much as this one does. The supporting cast does a pretty good job of doing so. In the end though they will not be enough.

If you want to give it a try set your DVR for 8:30 PM ET on Tuesdays.




No comments:

Post a Comment