Part of the FatManWriting Family

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

CBS's Mom is One of the Worst Shows Ever Produced

I like to look for the entertainment value in anything that I watch; not just for my own benefit, but because I don't like to just bash and be critical on my blog. That's easy to do and as a writer I like to pretend I have a little more talent than that.

But when it comes to CBS's Mom it is kinda hard to find anything of merit in that show. I'd go as far as to call it one of if not the worst 'sitcoms' ever produced.


Where do I begin when it comes to pointing out where this sucker went wrong?  Could it be treating serious drug use like its funny? I couldn't believe it when I heard a laugh track played over the line about sending the temper mental head chef home with an 8-ball (cocaine) and a cook!

And that was just one of the tasteless cocaine cracks!

When Anna Faris told her daughter she couldn't tell her not to smoke, drink, and have sex I almost turned the tv off. Are you kidding me CBS? This is what you want to put out in the world.

I get the justification--she did it as a kid so she can't be a hypocrite and tell her kid not to. Yes she can--its called parenting.

If the defense for this show is that they want to try and make light of situations that many people find themselves in or that they are just trying to do what most sitcoms do (take dysfunction and call it comedy) it failed miserably.

Putting a laugh track over someone talking about doing meth or calling licking cocaine out of the carpet thrifty is not comedy. It's deplorable.

Shame on you CBS. Shame on you.


No comments:

Post a Comment