Part of the FatManWriting Family

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Will Smith's "After Earth" Could be Huge Hit--or Huge Miss

Typically when I think about a Will Smith movie I'm all for seeing it. I still dig the man as a rapper (yes, I get jiggy with it when its in the summertime as I pump the brakes in Miami listening to "Nightmare on My Street"; because, you know--I can beat Mike Tyson and parents just don't understand). When I see his name in the credits I can trust that the movie will be a good one.

While I am interested in seeing his latest flick--After Earth--that he made with his son Jaden, I will be a little apprehensive about it (and go see something else if there is something I want to see at the theater. Why?

Because of the director--M. Night Shyamalan.

The man is brilliant. He is capable of great things and has made some great movies. He has also made some good ones and some that were absolute stinkers. He's had great cast to work with in the past and done well; he's also stunk with top actors.

Part of me thinks that maybe he is too smart for his own good and over-thinks everything. Do that (over think) and most of us end up changing things that don't need to be changed.

Will Smith gives me hope though. I don't see him getting involved in something that sucks. I might wait to hear what others think before seeing it it though.




Follow me on all your favorite Social Media sites including TwitterFacebookMySpace,
StumbleUponGoogle+NewsvineRedditTumblr and more!

Be sure and check out the latest and greatest in sports on our home page FatManWriting.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment