Part of the FatManWriting Family

Monday, January 7, 2013

Will the Great Gatsby be--Great?

I had a hard time trying to figure out what my first post on the entertainment section was going to be. There is just too much to talk about in the world of entertainment--all the new shows starting up, last night's Biggest Loser with Jillian back, I actually saw a movie in a theater (that's big news for us; those of you with kids will get it), and so much more.

In the midst of my puzzling I stumbled across this clip for a movie set to come out in May. Part of me is excited at the prospect of seeing it, but another part will not mind if I have to wait till it comes on TBS.



The Great Gatsby was the only book in high school English that I read from cover to cover while actually keeping up with the assignments (I was still an excellent student). The book was great! Here you had this man of the world that was charming as hell, all the ladies loved him, all the guys wanted to be him (or hurt him--the world was his yet he was still tragically in love with a girl he couldn't have.

Awesome book! In class we got to watch the Robert Redford version of the movie; again--awesome!

So while the story is one that I remember fondly (so in that respect I can't wait to see the movie) I am not sure that Leo was the right man for the part. Leo is a great actor and from what I hear the chicks dig him so he has some of the qualities that Gatsby possessed, but I just don't buy him in the role.

He is great at delving into roles and becoming the person that his character is, so the movie will probably still be great, but they could have done better. In all honesty I think Matt Bomer would have been better for the role. Maybe its just the character that he plays in the USA Network series White Collar, but I see him bringing a similar persona to the role as Redford did back in the day.



Follow me on all your favorite Social Media sites including TwitterFacebookMySpace,
StumbleUponGoogle+NewsvineRedditTumblr and more!

Be sure and check out the latest and greatest in sports on our home page FatManWriting.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment