Part of the FatManWriting Family

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Zorro Being Reborn---in "Zorro Reborn"

Some tales somehow manage to stand the test of time. Most of your classic superheroes are proof positive of that. So is the tale about a swashbuckling swordsman that rights the wrongs done by the evil elite so that the poor do not have to suffer.

I'm talking about Zorro or course. Most folks know of it from the Antonio Banderas/ Anthony Hopkins/ Catherine Zeta-Jones flicks from 1998 and '05, but it actually began as part of a weekly serial called "The Curse of Capistrano" in 1919.



I first saw Zorro in the 80's(see the trailer above) when I was visiting my grandparents in Connecticut in this movie version of the classic character played by George Hamilton; great action, awesome story, funny as heck--I was hooked.

This version is going to be a more futuristic sort of story. Gone will be the Mexico or California back drop; in will be some future, post-apocalyptic world.

Since I'm a fan of the tale I'll probably try to see it. It does sound promising, but it will be interesting to see if it ends up being based on the original story or just inspired. Given that the story has been retold in some way, shape or form in countless movies adaptations, television shows, comics, and other published material from around the world I give these guys credit for breaking away from the norm.

Just don't mess it up.




Follow me on all your favorite Social Media sites including TwitterFacebookMySpace,
StumbleUponGoogle+NewsvineRedditTumblr and more!

Be sure and check out the latest and greatest in sports on our home page FatManWriting.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment